Working Holiday Makers

The Working Holiday Maker program allows young adults (18 to 30) from eligible partner countries to work in Australia while having an extended holiday.

Applying for a Working Holiday Visa

This page explains how to apply for the inital one-year working holiday visa.

Working Holiday Visa Conditions

Working holiday visas are subject to a number of conditions – this page explains how the conditions work and consequences of breaching the conditions

Working Holiday Extensions

If you have completed at least 3 months of seasonal work in Australia, then you can apply for a 1-year extension on your working holiday visa

General Skilled Migration

Depending on your qualifications and work experience, you may qualify for permanent residence through general skilled migration. Relatives in Australia can sponsor your application.

Temporary Business Sponsorship (457 Visas)

If you have a job in Australia, it is possible for your employer to sponsor you for a 4-year subclass 457 visa.

Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)

An employer can also nominate you for permanent residence. You will need to show a higher skill level than for a 457 visa.

Partner Migration

If you are married, engaged, or living with an Australian partner you may be eligible for partner migration.

Studying in Australia

Another way of extending your stay in Australia is to apply for a student visa