Australian residents, Australian permanent residents and NZ residents can sponsor close family members for permanent residence or migration to Australia.
- Partner Visas
- Australian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor partners for migration to Australia. To sponsor a partner, you must either be married, in a defacto relationship, have a registered relationship or be engaged.
- Parent Visas
- Parents with at least half their children living permanently in Australia may be eligible for a parent visa which gives them permanent residence in Australia. Parents over a certain age may be eligible to apply for an onshore ‘aged parent’ visa which allows them to remain in Australia on a bridging visa during processing.
- Visitor Visas for Parents
- Parents with Australian citizen or permanent resident children may be eligible for longer-stay visitor visas – this can be a low-cost alternative to parent visas.
- Aged Dependent Relative Visas
- Australian permanent residents can sponsor relatives they have been supporting financially for the last 2 years, provided the relative is aged 65 or over..
- Remaining Relative Visas
- Remaining relative visas require you to have all of your close relatives living lawfully and permanently in Australia. You would need to be sponsored by a relative who is a settled permanent resident or citizen
- Carer Visas
- Carer visas allow Australian citizens and permanent residents with a medical condition or disability to sponsor a relative to live in Australia to take care of them
- Investor Retirement Visas
- This option is for people aged 55 or over looking to retire in Australia. Significant assets and income must be shown, and investment in Australian state or territory bonds is also required.
- General Skilled Migration
- If you are a skilled worker, then if you have relatives in Australia, they may be able to sponsor you for a general skilled visa. This would make it easier for you to meet the relevant pass mark for the application.
JMJ Migration Expertise
It is clearly of the utmost importance that family members can join you in Australia as quickly as possible. JMJ Migration Australia has extensive experience with Family Migration cases and we can assist you with:
- Selecting the most appropriate visa option for you
- Lodgement and processing of the visa application on your behalf
- Complications with meeting the sponsorship or assurance of support requirements
Please book an immigration consultation if you would like advice about sponsoring family members.