Business Talent (Migrant) visas are permanent visas available to applicants in two streams:
- Significant Business History Stream: for people with ownership interests in large businesses
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream: for people who have access to venture capital funding of at least AUD 1 million
Duration and Conditions
This visa grants permanent residence status.
Do I Apply in Australia or Overseas?
You can either be in Australia or overseas when you lodge your application.
If you are in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa or a Bridging A, B or C visa.
Applications can only be lodged online via the SkillSelect system.
This visa is only available to applicants who are nominated by an Australian State or Territory government.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You are nominated by an Australian State or Territory government to migrate to Australia.
- You have been invited to apply through the SkillSelect system
- You have a genuine and realistic commitment after entry into Australia to either establish a new business or to participate in an existing business, and to maintain substantial ownership interest, and be involved in the day to day managementof the business.
Significant Business History Stream
For the Significant Business History Stream, you would need to meet the following criteria:
- You are under 55 years of age, unless the nominating state or territory government certifies that the proposed business activity is of exceptional economic benefit.
- For at least 2 of the last 4 fiscal years you had:
- net assets in business of at least AUD 400,000; or
- 10% ownership of the business if it is a publicly listed company.
- the business had an annual turnover of at least AUD 3 million for 2 of the last 4 fiscal years
- You have net assets of at least AUD 1.5 million.
Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream
For the Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream, you must have a venture capital funding agreement of at least AUD 1 million through an Australian company who is a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL).
Business migration can be extremely complex, and even determining whether you have a good chance of qualifying can be difficult. In addition, you may be able to qualify in a number of different business migration categories.
If you would like us to check your likely eligibility for business migration or if you would like us to assist you with your application, you can book a consultation through our website. We will then provide you with a comprehensive preliminary assessment of your likely eligibility for business migration, and can discuss with you the best way to proceed with your application.